VP, Financial Sponsors - Global Corporate & Investment Banking
New York, NY
Our Global Corporate & Investment Banking business focuses on building long-term relationships with more than 3,000 large U.S. and multinational corporations, financial institutions, and financial sponsors. We provide strong advisory expertise, capitalizing on powerful mergers and acquisitions, corporate banking, treasury, debt, and equity product expertise to deliver integrated financial solutions.
The Financial Sponsors Investment Banking Group provides investment banking services, including execution of strategic advisory and capital market transactions, to clients across the globe. The Financial Sponsor group is a leader in the industry, driving landmark transactions for our clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading the execution and supporting the origination of Sponsor transactions including leveraged buyouts, M&A buysides/sellsides, equity capital raising, debt financing transactions, etc.
- Overseeing the building and maintenance of complex financial/valuation models, including DCF, accretion/dilution, LBO, comparable trading and transaction analyses
- Supporting senior bankers in day-to-day client coverage
- Analyzing companies and industries and working directly with client management teams
- Preparing pitch books, selling memoranda and management presentations
- Communicating and interacting with internal coverage partners and product areas
- Managing several projects at once and working effectively as an individual and as a leader of a team, including managing associates and analysts
- Participating in the recruitment, development, and training of junior bankers (analysts, associates, summer analysts/associates, incoming classes)
- 3+ years of experience as an Investment Banking Associate with a focus on Sponsor coverage at a top-tier firm
- Either (i) MBA degree with outstanding academic qualifications or (ii) 7+ years of Investment Banking experience
- Demonstrate a combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills and understanding of accounting and valuation
- Track record of superior performance with an ability to manage deal teams
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and establish productive, direct dialogue with client peers
- Assertiveness, initiative, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Mastery of software applications