Our client is an industry leading top global chemical company who is looking for a Process Engineer to join their team. We are looking for dynamic leaders and engineers who can advance to a higher level role over the next 3 years as our client is experiencing major growth in the US and Internationally. The site is currently going under a massive expansion and they need a talented engineer to lead the entry level staff and projects. The company is stable, profitable, and rapidly growing through 2018. The company will provide a relocation package excellent benefits, and a competitive base salary. This is an immediate need for the client and any qualified candidate will receive a fast response. * This is an off shift position. 4 on 4 off and times rotate as well.
POSITION: Process Engineer - Industrial Chemicals
SALARY: Based on experience, current salary, and education.
LOCATION: Providence, Rhode Island
* PSM experience is highly desired and any candidate with strong PSM background will receive stronger consideration.
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Sets goals for (Environmental, Health & Safety, Production, cost, quality, energy, reliability).
- Participates when required in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills. Ensures findings are documented for future usage.
- Provides leadership and direction in the day –to- day decision making for the operating area of responsibility.
- As required, participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability
- Networks with other engineers on site and within the business to leverage knowledge on plant operations
- Implements best practices in order to optimize operations.
- Understands and applies skills and knowledge to support small projects, as required
- Provides Six Sigma Methodology and technical support to projects
- Works with Plant Process Control Coordination Role to ensure process control is optimized in the facility.
- Helps coordinate area of responsibility during planned shutdown and maintenance activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemical Engineering ONLY.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills
- PSM Experience is highly desired
- Must have experience working in a chemical or polymer plant
- 4-12 years of manufacturing experience is required in the above listed industries only.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and capital project experience
- Results oriented and driven and very stable job history.
- Good problem solving skills and must have future leader visions and qualities
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience would be helpful in this role.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong technical & communication skills