Our client is an industry leading top global chemical company who is looking for a Process Engineer to join their team. We are looking for dynamic leaders and engineers who can advance to a higher level role over the next 3 years as our client is experiencing major growth in the US and Internationally. This is a fast track position and any candidate who has the desire to grow and advance within an innovative company please apply now. The company is very stable, highly profitable, and rapidly growing in 2018. My client will provide full relocation, annual bonus, excellent benefits, and a high competitive base salary. The client will only consider candidates for this position who have experience in chemical manufacturing.
POSITION: Process Engineer
SALARY: Based on experience, current salary, and education.
LOCATION: The plant is located in St. Louis metro area.
BONUS: Yes - 10%
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Sets goals for (Environmental, Health & Safety, Production, cost, quality, energy, reliability).
- Participates when required in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills. Ensures findings are documented for future usage.
- Provides leadership and direction in the day –to- day decision making for the operating area of responsibility.
- As required, participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability
- Networks with other engineers on site and within the business to leverage knowledge on plant operations
- Ensures most effective technology is understood and utilized.
- Knowledge of paper machine systems and equipment
- Implements best practices in order to optimize operations.
- Understands and applies skills and knowledge to support small projects, as required
- Provides Six Sigma Methodology and technical support to projects
- Works with operators to ensure paper machine process safety
- Helps coordinate area of responsibility during planned shutdown and maintenance activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required in the discipline of Chemical Engineering with a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills
- PSM Experience is highly desired
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH chemicals or polymers
- Must have experience working in a chemical plant or heavy batch processing.
- 3-10 years manufacturing experience required.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and capital project experience
- Results oriented and driven and very stable job history.
- Good problem solving skills and must have future leader visions and qualities
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience would be helpful in this role.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong technical & communication skills