One of the largest nationwide general contractors is currently seeking a Project Manager and/or a Senior Project Manager to join their San Antonio team to focus on building correction/detention/jail facilities in Texas. Ranked as one of the top general contractors in the country according to Engineering News and Record, they value high-quality, highly-motivated, and talented employees in maintaining their position as an industry leader. The 7th most populous city in the US, San Antonio offers a vibrant downtown, including the famous San Antonio River Walk, a network of walkways along the San Antonio River lined with shops, bars, restaurants, nature, and public art. San Antonio's climate is conducive to year-round outdoor recreation.
The candidate must have the following skills:
- Ability to create and maintain a culture that values safety
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships resulting in customer satisfaction
- A broad knowledge of business operations
- Ability to lead designers, subcontractors, consultants, and employees through complex projects
- Results oriented with a proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to mentor and coach others
- Ability to apply sound judgment and experience to complex problems
- Needs to have recent PM or Sr. PM lead role on multiple (more than 1) detention facilities and ideally in Texas with specific Texas Commission Jail Standards experience within the last 7 years.
- Experience leading large scale vertical construction projects from start to finish of at least 20 million dollars
- Strong experience in detention/correction and on one or more of these project types: hospitality, hotels, gaming, casinos, municipal, federal
- Have experience leading multiple projects concurrently, or start to finish lead experience on large projects.
- At least 10 years experience as a project manager on large scale vertical construction projects with a general contractor
- Candidate could be a current Senior Project Manager or a Project Manager ready for the next step up.
- Bachelors degree in construction management, engineering, or related field (strongly preferred)
- In lieu of bachelors degree per above, equivalent relevant experience will be considered
- Current valid driver's license