New Brunswick, NJ
$130,000 - $150,000
Bachelor of Science
Apr 13, 2017
A leading global manufacturer of innovative food packaging products and solutions that designs, manufactures, and distributes a wide spectrum of packaging solutions for food distributors, restaurants & caterers, grocery stores, national food chains and consumer entertaining is searching for a Director of Research and Development. The Director of Research and Development will be responsible for complete ownership of research and development projects involving materials, new products, and process and equipment opportunities leading to increased revenue and/or cost reductions.
Benefits in addition to an annual salary in the $130,000 to $150,000 range:
•Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage (Medical & Dental)
•Survivor Benefits (company-provided Life Insurance; Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance)
•Paid Time Off Program (paid holidays; paid vacation based on service)
•Employee Assistance Program
• Extensive knowledge of plastics and how they are used in manufacturing and the market place.
• Direct experience with thermoplastics and additives in extrusion, thermoforming and injection molding.
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong collaboration skills – works effectively and cooperatively with all levels within the organization; establishes and maintains good working relationships
• Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
• Drives for results - sets high standards; monitors progress toward goals; tenaciously works to meet or exceed goals
• Demonstrates good business judgment; uses data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions
• Ability to develop complete and accurate budgets, project justifications and timelines
• Strong written & oral communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
• A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or science discipline (plastics a plus); MBA a plus
• Certified Project Manager (CPM) a plus
• A minimum of ten years of experience in project management within the plastics manufacturing industry is a must
• Prior experience working on technology (materials and equipment) initiatives