Application Team Lead - Client facing
Responsible for directing and coordinating development staff in the design and production of product consistent with the goals and objectives of the project, having regard to innovative solutions, value management, cost- effectiveness, functional efficiency and customer satisfaction. Must have technical background, excellent communications, and business analyst skills including gathering requirements, scope management, delegation.
Direct hire only
- Interface with customer to obtain a full understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
- Conduct impact analysis for project scope changes as required.
- Provide project timeline estimates.
- Translate functional business requirements into technical specifications.
- Directs and coordinates staff assignments and work distribution, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Guide design, development, testing and implementation of deliverables by working with development and testing groups.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Proactively look for opportunities to reduce system maintenance costs.
- Directs investigation of customer concerns regarding quality, specifications, and requirements.
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task.
- Manage / Mentor development staff members.
- Perform periodic and annual performance reviews for all team members. Develop performance improvement plans for team members who have performance issues.
- Identify and organize training and other development plans for all team members
- Responsible for evaluation and selection of project management tools.
- Strive to create a working environment that is technically, professionally and personally rewarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Skill:
- 2 years IS management experience
- 10+ years’ experience in web development
- Experience working in a client focused environment.Strong business analysis skills with proven experience in proposing and developing solutions.
- Previous automotive industry and/or business experience.
- Proficient in Web Site Design, solid understanding of Web infrastructure.Experience in creating web applications with connectivity to Oracle databases.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing employees, assignments and supporting end users.