Primary Care facility providing services for a large pediatric population is expanding and needs to add a PEDIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER / PNP .
* LOCATED in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of New York State, Syracuse is near Lake Ontario and Lake Oneida. A short distance from Canada, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. There is a large selection of year round sports which includes many snow skiing and summer resorts and many tournament class golf courses. There is a Casino with regular scheduled Los Vegas quality shows and concerts. This metro area has 156k people living in the city and 456k in the county. There is a international airport with direct jet service to most major cities in the US. High quality education available. There is a large selection of inexpensively priced private schools. Some schools, both private and public, are nationally renowned for their academics and sports programs. There many colleges and universities in the region with Division One ranked football, basketball & lacrosse programs. The community is ethically diverse with many churches of varied denominations, synagogues, temples and mosques. There are private theater groups, museums, a symphony orchestra, many good restaurants to choose from and a regional IMAX Theater and Science Center. The job market is high tech in nature with health care research, a teaching hospital, a large pharmaceutical manufacturer and many engineering companies such as Welch Allen and Lockheed Martin to name a few. There are many highways and very low traffic congestion. There is a rapidly expanding regional shopping mall located in the heart of the city. The region has many rolling hills and lakes. Moderate summer climate with average temperatures in the mid to high 70's. Seasonal climate changes are colorful. Low crime rate.
* COMPENSATION is 80k to 83k.
* JOB TYPE is Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time.
* WORK SCHEDULE is Monday through Friday, approximately 8am to 4:00 pm, which totals approximately a 36 hour work week.
* LICENSE and EDUCATION required is a application for or possession of a New York State license, DEA#, CPR, PALS, and ACLS. NEW GRADUATES are encouraged to apply. Degree must be a MSN from a accredited and approved program.
* JOB DESCRIPTION:
* Provide direct patient care to well and ill pediatric patient populations.
* Provide immunizations, developmental, hearing & vision screenings.
* Complete school and work physicals as well as nutritional consultation.
* Prescribe and monitor use of medications.
1.) HEALTH INSURANCE is a Blue PPO Plan provided by Excellus Blue Cross & Blue Shield. The co-pay. for office visit $20. There is no deductible. Employee contribution is $32.50 for Single coverage and $130.00 for Family coverage. There is no Gate Keeper/Primary Care Physician (PCP) so a patient may go directly to a specialist without a referral. Prescription co-pay is $5, $20, $35. The cost contribution by each Employee is paid for with pre-taxed dollars and deducted from their bi-weekly paycheck. All plans offer single & family coverage.
2.) DENTAL INSURANCE is provided at a Employee contribution of $5.75 bi-weekly and $18.53 for Family coverage . There is a $750 maximum limit per year.
3.) COST of LIVING INCREASE is paid annually.
4.) VACATION TIME: After 6 months of continuous employment each employee is entitled to one week paid vacation. After one year of employment, 2 weeks, 3 weeks after 5 years. FLEXIBLE TIME OFF. Accrued at approximately 1 1/4 days per month.
5.) PERSONAL and SICK TIME (Paid Days Off) total nine (9) days each year.
6.) PAID HOLIDAYS (Center Holidays) include Seven MAJOR HOLIDAYS PAID (7) days per year. New Years, Christmas, Thank Giving, Memorial Day, 4Th of July, Labor Day, Martin Luther King Day. FLOATING HOLIDAYS PAID - (3)
7.) PAID TIME OFF by each Employee accrues up to 34 days in the 1st year of Employment through the 5th year and up to 39 days for 6 or more years of employment.
8.) RETIREMENT PLAN is a 401-A. Employer contributes 3-7% per year based on company performance. . Non Employee participation required, Vested at 20% after 2 years of employment, 40% after 3 years, , 60% after 4nd 100% vested after 6 years of continuous employment. 403-B - Annuity / Employee contribution only to this plan.
9.) CME REIMBURSEMENT by Employer varies in amount by specialty. Provided after 6 months of employment. Association and membership dues are reimbursed at 50% after 1 year of service, 75% after 3 years and 100% after 5 years.
10.) LIFE INSURANCE is paid by Employer and equal to 2 times the Employees annual income up to a maximum of 100k. Supplemental Life Insurance may be purchased through the New York Life Insurance Company.
11.) ACCIDENT DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT INSURANCE is provided and equal to 2 times the Employees annual income up to a maximum of 100k.
12.) SHORT TERM DISABILITY is provided for up to 6 months of unemployment at $170.00 per week. Supplemental Disability Insurance may be purchased through the New York Life Insurance Company.
13.) LONG TERM DISABILITY is provided for Employees up to 60% of annual income and up to $2,500 per month
14.) SALARY CONTINUANCE is provided to extended PAID TIME OFF due to EXTENDED ILLNESS. To be used when all other benefits have been exhausted. Paid time off of 5 days for 2-5 years of service, 10 days for 5-10 years of service and 15 days for 10 or more years.
15.) DISCOUNT SERVICES are provided to reduce rates for Pharmacy, Credit Union, Vision, Dental and Medical services are available to Employees and their Families.
16.) PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE is paid for by Employer.
17.) RELOCATION EXPENSE is reimbursed by Employer up to $4,000k.