Top 15 CPA Firm—Downtown Chicago or Detroit—Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Company consistently featured on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list.
- Company offers competitive salary and benefits.
- Company has one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
Note from the Hiring Manager
Must be fluent in Japanese.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA required.
- 6+ years’ recent, related tax experience in public accounting; specialization with clients in financial or professional services, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, etc. is preferred.
- Experience working with large, multi-state, internationally active middle-market clients helpful.
- Ability to occasionally travel locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Position may be filled as a Tax In-Charge (Tax Senior) based on experience level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate high-level technical proficiency to review and develop lesser experienced staff in client engagement management and applied technical knowledge in individual, trust, partnership, corporate, federal, state, local, and foreign tax returns, estimated payments and extensions, and federal and state tax audits.
- Determine appropriate tax objectives, scope, and methodology and actively participate in decisions with client’s management to understand broader impact of decisions and solutions.
- Effectively leverage available technology and other resources to maximize technical application to project and hold engagement team to the same standard.
- Serve as primary engagement manager with economic responsibilities for billing, realization, and collections.
- Develop and execute a practice development plan, including networking, new client development, and client expansion activities.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in tax trends and legislation, along with any firm standards and policies.