We are a premier innovative manufacturer who is seeking an experienced professional to lead technical operations at the facility in the position of Paper Machine Manager. We are a top-tier organization and an industry leader in our product line. Our company is stable, profitable, and rapidly growing in 2018. We will provide full-relocation, excellent benefits, and a high-competitive base salary.
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance department and reports to the Plant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the maintenance of plant equipment, machine tools, buildings, refrigeration, HVAC, electric, gas, water and air systems, sewer and waste disposal systems, fire sprinkler systems, parking lot facilities, landscaping, snow removal, and janitorial cleaning.
- Plan, layout and schedule work for functional areas of responsibility and delegate work on a project or individual basis to maintenance technicians.
- Hire, train, monitor, discipline, evaluate and develop employees.
- Monitor and regulate the operation of departmental areas and investigate solutions to complex problems affecting functional areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for company’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Develop and monitor formal control programs to track and regulate repair costs and spare parts inventories.
- Work with corporate engineering and project management personnel to design, plan, schedule and complete capital improvement projects
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions and ensure employee conformance to safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to SOP’s.
- Develop and maintain qualifications and training standards for all maintenance personnel.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-25 years of related management experience (within a high-speed/high-volume manufacturing environment is required.
- BS in Engineering is required
- Must have Paper Machine Management experience
- Over 5 years of experience must come from a pulp mill or paper manufacturing plant.
- Experience managing a front line number paper machine.
- Strong mechanical ability and a working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and PLC systems are required. Demonstrated ability to apply and conduct good root cause analysis techniques and resolve problems is essential.
- Computer proficiency in Work, Excel, Internet, e-mail, and database systems is required.
- Working knowledge of maintenance tracking software programs is desired.
- Must have a strong floor presence and be able to interact effectively with people at all levels.