Will your next role as Network Engineer reinforce your career growth?
This is a strategic Network Engineer leadership role in Manufacturing within a dynamic, high growth, industry leading company. Lead and work closely with a proactive team focused on identification and delivery of innovative solutions in an environment which encourages professional development. Report to the Director of IT and be an active member of the IT team. Be responsible for collaboration in defining and executing operational procedures for network systems and services, and development, configuration, and implementation, and delivery of network administrator functions.
- Collaborate with IT team members to define and deliver operational procedures for development, configuration and implementation of all network services
- Document all configuration changes and provide status reports as to performance and capacity
- Function as liaison between service providers for support of network and phone systems
- Install and support all LAN’s, WAN’s, network segments, internet and intranet systems
- Work closely with individual users (both internal and external “customers”) to identify, resolve and support user requirements
- Evaluate and prioritize service requests via email, phone and helpdesk system
- Provide direct technical support to analyze, isolate and resolve various network and system issues to restore services
- Perform administration of servers, desktop computers, printers, phones, smartphones etc.
- Develop, configure and maintain routers, switches, firewalls and deploy software and security updates and patches
- Provide support for all business applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience utilizing network analytics and diagnostics
- 3+ years of experience with ESX, Xen and other virtualization
- Proven success in Project Management
- Significant experience with installation and support of LAN’s, Wan’s, Windows versions 7 to current, Linux and MAC iOS
- Significant experience in network administration, documentation of configuration changes and delivery of status reports
- Track record of proactive system improvement and team member service request support
- Experience in supporting business applications
- Ability to participate in US travel less than 5%
- Experience with Cisco router/VoIP