We are a premier innovative manufacturer who is seeking an experienced professional to lead technical operations at the El Dorado facility in the position of Maintenance Manager . We are a top-tier organization and an industry leader in our product line. Our company is stable, profitable, and rapidly growing in 2017. We will provide full-relocation, excellent benefits, and a high-competitive base salary.
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance department and reports to the Plant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the maintenance of plant equipment, machine tools, buildings, refrigeration, HVAC, electric, gas, water and air systems, sewer and waste disposal systems, fire sprinkler systems, parking lot facilities, landscaping, snow removal, and janitorial cleaning.
- Plan, layout and schedule work for functional areas of responsibility and delegate work on a project or individual basis to maintenance technicians.
- Hire, train, monitor, discipline, evaluate and develop employees. Assist subordinates with diagnosing and remedying difficult problems. Enforce organizational policies and employee rules of conduct.
- Monitor and regulate the operation of departmental areas and investigate solutions to complex problems affecting functional areas of responsibility.
- As needed, source outside vendors; establish project scope.
- Responsible for company’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Develop and monitor formal control programs to track and regulate repair costs and spare parts inventories.
- Work with corporate engineering and project management personnel to design, plan, schedule and complete capital improvement projects.
- Prepare and maintain department reporting and record-keeping systems.
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions and ensure employee conformance to safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to SOP’s.
- Develop and maintain qualifications and training standards for all maintenance personnel.
- Interface with regulatory and third party agencies including, OSHA, EPA, DEQ, and Fire Department, etc.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-20 years of related management experience (high-volume chemical manufacturing environment is required.
- Industry experience from the industrial chemical industry is required.
- Engineering degree is required - BS CHEM, EE, or ME
- Strong mechanical ability and a working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and PLC systems are required. Demonstrated ability to apply and conduct good root cause analysis techniques and resolve problems is essential.
- Computer proficiency in Work, Excel, Internet, e-mail, and database systems is required.
- Working knowledge of maintenance tracking software programs is desired.
- Must have a strong floor presence and be able to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to lift and move over 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation is required.