The General Manager directs the site leadership team and manages daily operations to achieve company goals and objectives. Responsibilities include leading the operational plan and strategy to meet Cost, Quality, Schedule, Delivery, and People leadership initiatives. Develops macro plans and strategies for quality improvement as well as cost and inventory reductions; this will be achieved through the application of ACE and continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Establish and maintain delivery, quality, and rate readiness performance objectives and targets to meet/ exceed customer OTD and quality expectations and maintain delivery continuity.
• Champion all policy deployment and macro-planning processes to drive operational excellence and continuous improvement. Lead site guidance management team (GMT) and utilize established processes and tools within company operating system.
• Total Profit & Loss responsibility, manage site spending, labor, and material costs to minimize variances and meet margin plan targets for the site.
• Responsible for developing annual facility budget and accountable for executing multi-year operating plan.
• Develop and manage manpower, budget, capital, and annual sales plans to meet overall SBU financial objectives for the site.
• Champion Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and continuous improvement to out drive waste in systems & processes.
• Achieve and maintain EHS performance to Enterprise standards by deploying established tools including an effective EHS Management System (EHSMS), and environmental and operational risk reduction systems and processes.
• Utilize talent management process to motivate, lead, develop and train direct reports and their teams.
• Provides leadership and strategy in order to achieve company goals and objectives for manufacturing operations.
• Lead and manage all resources necessary to promote UTAS Mission and Operating Principles embodied by the 4 Gears Culture.
• Monitors, reports and presents site operations results on pre-established cadence
• Supports the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process
• Interprets, executes and establishes operating policies and processes to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations
• Ensures the conditions for a safe work environment and compliance with internal and external regulations.
• Creates strategies to drive operational improvement in conjunction with the leadership team
• Act as the primary and direct customer interface for the site
• Other duties as required.
• BA/BS degree in related discipline required (Engineering, Operations, Business Administration etc.) w/10+ years experience.
• MA/MS degree w/7+ years experience
• Has successfully managed operations of similar size and complexity with a minimum 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing operations position (aerospace industry strongly preferred)
• MRO commercial experience
• Minimum 7 -10 years in a management role required.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple functional areas of a manufacturing facility.
• Contract experience such as analyzing, negotiating, and revising contracts.
• Demonstrated skills in project management, working capital, return on investment (ROI) and Continuous Improvement.
• Ability to work and interact at all levels of an organization.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and public speaking communication skills.
• Must be available to support a 24/7 operational facility.
• Possess experience in oversight of manufacturing, quality, scheduling and overall performance.
• Continuous improvement experience and the ability to implement Lean tools in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of manufacturing operations and experience with single piece flow and mixed model operations.
• Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team and promote a positive work environment using coaching and mentoring skills.
• Demonstrated ability to use analytical tools and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in time-sensitive situations.
• Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the organization in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
• Ability to provide verification of US Citizenship or permanent residency to satisfy ITAR/EAR restrictions
• Read, write, speak and understand English language.
• Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, twist, climb, crouch, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
• Ability to follow rules and policies of the company
Do you have a BA/BS degree in related discipline (Engineering, Operations, Business Admin. etc.)?
Do you have a minimum 7 -10 years in a management role?
Do you have continuous improvement experience?
Do you have aftermarket contract structuring knowledge/experience?
Do you have international working experience (personally worked internationally or managed international operations)?
Do you have demonstrated experience in building a positive company culture which engages employees at all levels?
Do you have demonstrated knowledge and experience in compliance?
Do you have experience in leading a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul business?
Do you have P&L and balance sheet experience?
Do you have product knowledge in the area of nacells, thrust reversers, engine build up components and related products?
Do you have experience in managing/leading multiple functional areas?
Do you have experience of selling strategies for commercial airline customers?
- Has successfully managed operations of similar size and complexity with a minimum 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing operations position (aerospace industry strongly preferred)
- Strong leadership experience/background