Out team loves working with this client and have just recently placed a candidate with them in the last 60 days. We are seeking a well-established Quality and RMA Manager to play a critical, leading role in our fast-growing, non-traditional, technology company. Our client is not focused on irrelevant rules and wasteful processes. Instead, they value and reward specific behaviors aligned with our culture and company objectives. The candidate should be able to support people with adequate resources and the freedom necessary for each person to do their work, with the expectation that we will get high performance in return.
The Quality & RMA Manager will be responsible for managing global product quality. This person will be responsible for maintaining and improving product quality and minimizing customer returns in a rapidly changing and high growth environment. This includes establishing quality and return processes and standards, auditing suppliers, investigating and resolving reported quality issues. This resource will have the right mix of developing and implementing a foundation for growth, strong cross-functional collaboration skills, and a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ attitude. This resource has direct reports in US and Asia.
- 10 years recent quality or manufacturing management experience
- Understanding of ISO900 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Familiarity with safety compliance application process (UL, CE, CCC, etc.)
- Proven ability to apply measurement, analysis and CI tools to create lasting operational improvements
- Experience in Electronic Products
- Able to travel 20% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher (preferred)
It is important that the person in this position have proven experience driving multiple items to a conclusion. Candidate must have a growth mindset, be an independent thinker and have a very strong electronics background.
When it comes to driving product quality we see 3 areas of importance:
- Working with engineering as they develop product. This quality manager will define the testing.
- Working with contract manufacturer to define manuf. test processes and collect data.
- As we get returns ensure that data is being collected, troubleshooting issues, finding root cause, working with engineering to ensure corrections are made and a solution is derived.
This candidate must be interested in redeveloping or re-imagining the existing process and have experience developing processes for this position - SOP creation. It's not that they will enter this position with processes in place but they'll need to redevlop them.
- Ability to review and understand technical Product Requirements Documents (PRD) to develop effective product and process quality plans that include all phases of a product life cycle;
- New Product Development (NPD)
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Mass Production and End of Life (EOL)
- Quality leadership for all new product development programs for quality risk mitigation
- Quality leadership in new supplier evaluation, selection, development and ongoing management process
- Define and execute quality assurance and on-going reliability test standards and process
- Manage new and sustaining product compliance and certification requirements
- Develop and manage customer return policies and protocols; enabling customer delight with financially sustainable policies.
- Establish a foundation of best-practice and scalable quality strategies, processes, systems and visibility in a high-mix low-volume environment which includes:
- Critical control points
- Preventive measures
- Golden samples / specification process
- Monitoring procedures
- Corrective action verification procedures
- Product and supplier failure and trend analytics
- Direct CM & supplier processes to ensure first pass quality during start-up and throughout product life-cycle
- Maintain and improve product quality by:
- Completing product, supplier and process audits
- Investigating customer complaints and address quality issues through root cause analysis, coordinating with cross-functional teams, and preparing and completing action plans
- Collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs (DFX), and manufacturing and training methods
- Influence suppliers to implement tests, screening/audit procedures and corrective actions where there may be little interest in cooperating
- Attract, maintain and develop strong quality professionals
- Salary $90,000 – $110,000
- Performance Bonus - Quarterly based on company profits. Bonus will be offered
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Relocation Package